Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Cheryl Bowens GAETI 2015 Day 2

GAETI 2015 Day 2:

Today was just beautiful.... it filled with lots of informational as well as fun activities. We visited the library to participate in creating our own map using Google Earth and Google Maps. I was very excited to have had the opportunity of visiting the Kinsey Collection of African American Treasures. To actually be in the presence of history and viewing  the artifacts and authentic art  was heartwarming. Afterwards, a guest speaker gave a presentation on the Civil Rights Movement that was very interesting as well as informational. I was informed on information concerning the Civil Rights Movement that I had no idea existed. I can say you really learn something new everyday. I really enjoyed the geography activity utilizing receipt paper to represent a timeline of the origin of earth. It's only been two days but it has been awesome and I'm sure its going to be even better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment